Saturday, November 28, 2009

Quiet and relaxing days

The last couple of days have been really great as I managed to fit in a couple of days annual leave. On Thursday I had a quiet day away which was really refeshing and Friday I spent with Karen. We popped to see mum who was really quite bright for once and then went wandering around Bath. There was a Christmas market which was really good.

I went on the quiet day because lots of things have been on my mind recently and not surprisingly I didn't get any real answers!! What I did get though was a great time with God. The person leading the day did a couple small talks which were really useful for focusing me on God. The first one include the following poem by Ann Lewin

Be Still
You do not have to look for anything
Just look.
You do not have to listen for
Specific sounds
Just listen
You do not have to accomplish anything
Just be.
And in the looking
And the listening
And the being.
Find
Me.

I then spent the next hour just basking in God's presence :)

I also love out God's sense of humour. Towards the end of the day I popped into the church over the road and on the way out saw a poster with a poem on called "Just talk to me". It is too long to put here but here is a link to it (http://www.leeabbey.org.uk/rapport/article.php?id=1)

My problem now is, when can I fit in another couple of days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment